The magnetic applicator system uses a basic principle with many advantages. The following instructions are intended to give the user a pictorial demonstration of the optimal sequence of application for both Classic and Classic+ braces. The magnetic application sequence of the B/S Brace is faster, easier, and safer due to the technical enhancements of the brace and application system. The brace has a magnetic point in the centre plus each applicator is equipped with a magnetic in the centre. This makes the system less complicated with no need to hold the brace in place any other way. Positioning is precise with a stronger seal onto the nail plate. Application can be either from side to side or centre to side.
The braces come in 6 sizes: 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, and 24mm. The magnetic applicators come in the corresponding sizes with one size on each end of the applicator. Both have the magnetic point to facilitate application. Components are available separately or combined in an easy to use kit that provides all items required for brace application.
Proper preparation and application technique is imperative to ensure the brace adheres to the nail plate and stays on the nail. Follow these steps carefully for the best results:
Nail Preparation: No footbaths, oils or lotions prior to application. Reduce thick nails. Prepare nail plate by gently etching the nail plate where the brace is to be applied.
2. Degreasing the Nail: Use the Clean-Ex on a small piece of cotton and wipe entire surface of nail plate. Wipe nail with dry wipe to remove excess product.
3. Measuring the nail: To measure the nail, place the tip of the applicator at the edge of the nail. Slowly roll the applicator from one lateral edge of the nail to the other without slipping. Make sure the brace size fits properly, not too long or too short.
4. Preparing the B/S Brace: To prepare the brace, gently grind down each end of the brace to reduce thickness. Grind down the side facing the nail, not the upper side. Only reduce the ends and do not over grind.
5. Applying the B/S Brace Activator: Swipe the activator across the area of the nail where the brace is to be applied. Wait 10 seconds before applying the brace.
6. Make sure the magnetic point is against the applicator. The magnet should not be against the nail, rather on the outside.
7. Applying the B/S Brace Adhesive: Apply a generous amount of adhesive across the brace by floating the brush from one end to the other. Do not apply pressure and do not wipe the brush against the sides of the bottle.
8. Application of Brace to the nail: Working quickly once the adhesive is on the brace; hold the B/S Brace on the left side of the nail at the lateral edge for 7 to 10 seconds. Then slowly roll the brace across the nail to the opposite side. Hold the brace in place for another 10 seconds before removing the applicator.
8a. Application from the centre of the nail: If preferred the brace can be applied to the centre of the nail by holding the brace in place in the centre for 7 seconds. Then press the brace gently onto the nail on the right side for 7 seconds, then the left side for another 7 seconds.
9. Remove Magnetic Point: Once the brace is adhered to the nail, use the Clean-Ex to remove the magnetic point and clean the nail plate.
10. Level out the joints and reduce tension: With the use of a white corundum or diamond bit, gently smooth the edges of the brace. Do not reduce the thickness unless the client is feeling tension. They should feel the brace on the toe but is should not hurt.
11. Final Steps - Seal Brace: After leveling the joins, or reducing tension, seal the brace to the nail with the adhesive.
12. Apply Polish: Once adhesive has dried, nail can be polished if desired.